A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bloody Mary Sunday's

So my Sunday's the last few months have been filled with brunches with Allison and some friends. Usually meaning I get a few bloody mary's with my meal.

This morning I did something a little different and went with B and some his friend to the H0use of Blues G0spel Brunch. Let me just say how entertaining this and everyone should do it at least once. It was super fun and the food was awesome too.

The menu consisted of: Cornbread muffins with maple butter, pecan caramel sticky buns, cheese-filled tortellini salad with smoked salmon, capers, red onions and pear tomatoes, traditional Caesar salad, hickory smoked bacon and sausage links, homemade biscuits and country gravy, breakfast potatoes with sautéed onions and peppers, homemade waffles, omelet station, southern fried chicken, homemade macaroni and cheese, creole chicken and shrimp jambalaya, carved smoked turkey breast with prime rib of beef, white chocolate walnut brownies, homemade fruit cobbler and white chocolate banana bread pudding

Not to mention just good gospel soul music. After 3 bloody mary's I was ready to go home and nap. We went to the W and sat in the "living room" for a bit. Once home I got my usual Sunday nap in and B is off playing V-ball. What a wonderful Sunday!

2 Comments:

At Mon Jun 25, 09:29:00 PM , Blogger my life is brilliant said...

Geez, that food sounds awesome! I might have to try that sometime!

 
At Wed Jun 27, 11:16:00 AM , Blogger L said...

Oh wow, Heather! That menu sounds unbelievable! And now I have to go eat my Lean Cuisine :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home