A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

I got the best birthday present ever. My niece was born. It was totally unplanned and as of 2 days before the Doctor had told her she was not coming any time soon and more than likely would be induced on May 5th. I got a call from early on Wednesday morning on their way to the hospital and telling me Happy Birthday. I waited on booking my ticket until we knew for sure. By the time they knew for sure the earliest flight I could get on was 9am. She was already 3cm dilated and 90% effaced.

My niece was ready to come out. Thanks to the storms that were everywhere it kept getting delayed so I knew I was going to miss it and then I changed my ticket to fly into another airport that was closer and that got delayed. By the time I landed she has been in this world for almost 2 hours. If her head wouldn't have been so dang big it would have been longer since she was born b/c my sister pushed for 2 hours trying to get the head out.

I still got to be there the day she was born and stayed a few days. Most of Friday night I was up with sister so my BIL and parents could rest. I would help her while she was breastfeeding and then put my niece back to sleep. It was some good bonding time for us. And of course it was super hard to leave them Saturday morning. I will be going there in July for 10 days and can't wait. It is still hard to believe we share a birthday.Even my sister's best friend since she was 3 birthday is that date. What are the odds? Apparently pretty high!


Here are the birthday girls on our birthdays.

2 Comments:

At Mon May 02, 07:31:00 AM , Blogger L said...

How sweet! Congratulations Aunt Heather! That is so exciting that you’ll be able to stay for awhile in July.

 
At Mon Oct 03, 10:36:00 AM , Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

I can't wait to meet her in just a few weeks!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home