A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I did it! 32:31 was my official time

I finished my first ever 5k. I ran the whole thing. And I could have kept running. It was like peer pressure not stop running and the crowd moving I think helped me move faster. There was on hill that nearly killed me but I kept pushing through. When I got to mile 2 I thought man this is so easy. Was I being too confident? Then I get to 3 and I can't believe I am almost done. I was going to speed up and sprint the last but somehow I reached the finish before I knew it. I wanted to cry but was so confused that I already finished. Just thinking about it right now makes me smile so much. Here are some pictures. I really did it!!!!!!!!! Now what next??





Getting started


I am in this crowd look hard.



Waving to B in the first half mile.


Here I come towards the finish.



Crossing finish nice face pic right?


Can't believe I just finished.


Drinking some much needed water.






4 Comments:

At Sun Mar 13, 06:57:00 PM , Blogger k said...

yay! good job girl!

 
At Mon Mar 14, 07:22:00 AM , Blogger L said...

Awesome! This makes me want to run one!

 
At Wed Mar 23, 07:27:00 PM , Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Go you!! I've wanted to run one forever. And you just DID - that's amazing!

 
At Fri Apr 01, 01:15:00 PM , Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

WOOHOO!!! You're a rock star!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home