A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Monday, August 21, 2006

Catching up....

So B and I landed in Reno on Sunday Aug. 6th. We headed straight for the Lobster buffet I had seen advertised at Boomtown. I was not too sure if it would be worth the 20 bucks but it was. The lobsters were huge and I ate 4 of them in like 30 mins. We got there as the time was ending on it so we had to hurry. They were so good and I am planning on going back one day while I am there next month.

Monday we went to work and left early b/c nothing was going on. We took a drive in the mountains to the oldest mining town in the country. It was cute like town with different shops and things to see. We took a mine tour which was very interesting since we got to go down in an old mine shaft.

The rest of the week we both worked. B took off to Portland for some work there and flew back in on Friday.

On Saturday we headed for Lake Tahoe for the day. It was absolutely beautiful. Words can not describe how blue the lake was and so clear. The mountains all around it and some still with snow on it. Did you know it is one of the few lakes in our country that does not empty into an ocean? Also it drops 4ft during the winter and rises when the snow melts. Also if you drop something in the lake you can see it for the first 65 ft because it so clear. Another cool fact that it never freezes. We just goofed around mainly. There were things we wanted to do but knew we couldn't use our Hawaii money for it. We ate at a brewery at the bottom of a mountain in South Tahoe. I did some shopping as well. We walked down to the water and took pics. It was just so awesome to see God's creation.

Sunday B left and I headed back in to work. I really didn't do too much after he left. I went shopping for his birthday present and then went to a cute boutique for pets. I had to buy Chloe something since I was gone from her for so long. The rest of the time it was just working.

I landed here Friday night and got ready for B's 30th birthday party. On Saturday we had about 25 people show up and it was a really good time. All my dips were a hit and the guys had a blast playing volleyball in the pool. We did buy too much beer but it will never go to waste around here and his friends. It lasted about 6hrs and when it was all over I was so exhausted. I cleaned up and went to bed with a very bad tired headache.

Sunday I just slept and rested and did nothing. Now this week I have a million things to do before we leave Friday morning. Starting with today I am getting haircut and running to the grocery store.

1 Comments:

At Fri Aug 25, 08:52:00 PM , Blogger L said...

Now I really want to go to Lake Tahoe! I didn't realize it was so clear. I'm gonna have to add that to my list of places to go. Hmm, my friend's parents just moved an hour away from there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home