Savings finally
I opened a savings account finally. Yes I just kept putting it off and off. It took less than 10 mins and I was able to put $1000 in there. It was the tax refund check, birthday money and Christmas money that had been saving in safe place until I opened the savings account.
And every month for sure I will be putting $150 aside. B and I are acting as if our rent is more than it is to so see what we can handle for a mortgage later on. We started with an extra $300 a month and we are going to try that for a few months then up it and see where we need to stop.
I am so proud of myself for finally doing this. I know there are many things in the next year I will be paying for and I do not want to have to charge everything. GO ME!

2 Comments:
GO YOU!!! Wow! That's awesome! I just opened up a savings account the week before last - but with a LOT less than you just did! SO proud of you!
That's awesome what you and B are doing to 'practice' having a mortgage! That's a great idea!
Good for you, seriously! You're much smarter than I am!
I do have a savings account, but it never makes it to $1000 before I wind up having to almost empty it because something comes up -- new brakes, doctor bill, etc.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home