A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Monday, October 10, 2005

Camping

So our first camping trip went pretty well. I have to say I was letting B do all the planning and shopping because usually I do that and I wanted this to be his trip. And he did a great job with the trip. We went to Lake Murray State Park in Oklahoma.

Friday night we arrived way later than we had planned thanks to Dallas traffic. So we were left to set up our campsite in the dark. B got the lanterns working first. Then along with the lanterns and the car lights we put the tent up. Now mind you this was our first time putting it up outside. Thank goodness we had practiced the weekend before. The people next to us told us the next morning we must be pros since we put it up so fast and easy in the dark. Little did they know we were not...we were just lucky. We then cooked our hot dogs and started a fire. The fire didn't last as long as we would have liked because the wood was wet. But that was okay because I was ready for bed. I think the best part of the night was trying to keep quiet in our tent. :)

Saturday we got up and cooked breakfast on the camp stove. Then we went inside the tent to change and got very sidetracked. This time we had to be really quiet since everyone was awake and moving around the area. Then we headed out to go hiking for an hour and back to the campsite for some sandwiches. B started getting things ready for the night. And some how I fell asleep reading People in the tent. Before it got to late we went on one more adventure. We went to see Tucker Towere which was built as a governor's retreat and now used as a nature center. It was up on high cliff overlooking parts of the lake. It was absolutely gorgeous. Then we headed back to camp to start grilling our steaks and getting our fire going. This fire lasted a long time and we were able to make s'mores. mmmm yummmy Both of us were ready for bed early that night, so we turned in around 10. We snuggled real tight because it was cold. And then we passed out. Sometime around 5 I had to wake B to take me to the bathroom. He is such a great boyfriend to get up at that hour to let me go pee.

The next morning we lazed around and ate breakfast. Then started packing up. We headed back but of course we stopped at the casino for an hour. This time neither of us won anything.

It really was a lot of fun. It was nice to be away from everything. I am actually looking forward to another camping trip and B is so amazed that I loved it. I will say the only part I did not like was not taking a shower but that was taken care of when I arrived home.

3 Comments:

At Tue Oct 11, 04:50:00 PM , Blogger Corey Moser said...

Being wild in the wild is always the best. :)

 
At Tue Oct 11, 06:02:00 PM , Blogger Stace said...

Your so cute you had to be quiet!!! Glad you had fun camping is fun, although being home and taking a shower is GREAT.

 
At Tue Oct 11, 06:09:00 PM , Blogger k said...

As an avid camper and a girl who really doesn’t like to shower (although I do – I promise!) I swear that once you make it past 2 days without a shower, you somehow start to feel less dirty. Baby wipes do wonders also!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home