A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Recap

This past weekend was so perfect. Friday night B and I went to dinner with a lady that works in Accounting at our office and her husband. She has been the SWEETEST person in this company since day one. Her hubby and B have always talked when he has come to visit her. So once they found out at the Christmas party we were dating ,they couldn't wait to get together with us. So we hit this pizza place by B's place which is really by them as well since they live like 4 blocks from B. They brought there son Jack and he was the best baby ever. He is only a year but already was listening and doing what he was told. We had so much fun over beer, wine and pizza. This couple is so much like B and I will be in like 5 years or so. They really could not get over that we had been dating for so long and kept it a secret for so long. We are already planning our next outing with them.

Saturday we looked at houses and townhomes to buy. Yes I said to buy but right now not sure what it means. We were just looking around. Then I napped and we had KFC for dinner. I have not had that in so many years and my mouth still waters thinking about the gravy on the mashed potatoes.

Sunday again I napped. I just enjoyed doing nothing and not having to be anywhere really the whole weekend.

Monday I found out that my schedule is changing at work to 3am-11am. I have to say it was a surprise but I definitely think God is in control in the situation. I had been praying and praying about what to do whether to look for something else or stay. And I feel like this was the answer I needed for now. My schedule will start in about a month or so. It will be very interesting to get used to but I am pretty sure this is going to be a good thing.

Then tonight we ring shopped again. I found one that I LOVED. It was the most unique setting I have ever seen. The best thing about it is nobody will have it that I know or anyone I will come in contact with since it is so rare. So I told B that one is perfect if he does not want to buy a solitaire. Of course the solitaire is still my favorite. It was great night walking hand and hand through the mall with the guy I plan to spend the rest of my life with.

2 Comments:

At Tue Jan 17, 08:49:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Rings, soooo exciting! Do you have any wedding plans in your mind yet (well, what girl doesn't?)? I bet Allison could make the CUTEST bridal shower cake for you :) I wish she lived here to make a baby shower one for me! Good luck!

 
At Tue Jan 17, 09:02:00 PM , Blogger a tall sassy gal said...

Yes we are talking wedding I say by summer. Yep she will make a great cake.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home