My sister is engaged!!!
So my huge secret I have been keeping for months could finally be released. K is visiting her boyfriend A for spring break in Florida. He took her up in an airplane over the beach and campus. She thought nothing about it because he has friends in flight school and they had talked about doing this before. Well the pilots told her they had to do some taping of campus and asked if they could videotape them. Still she thought nothing of the whole thing. She could barely hear them anyway since they had the headsets on. Well A had them go by the tennis courts (He is on the school team) and it took 4 times going by it to see what he had done. She just never saw it and he kept telling her to look at them. He had written in sidewalk chalk "K will you marry me". When she looks back at him, he put the teal box in her lap. Yes teal box as in it came from Tiffany's. He asked her again. He could not really say much because she could barely hear with the headsets on. It took her forever to say anything b/c she was shocked and overwhelmed. Mind you for months she has been saying it can not happen anytime soon because he has no money and timing was not right when they see each other. And she has been pretty upset b/c people keep asking her about it. I have been telling her be patient your day will come. (They have been dating almost 5yrs)
They said the pilots were saying they didn't know what to tell her friends on the ground because she still had not said yes. The videotape is supposed to be hilarious b/c he is sweating and she is sweating and finally she speaks and says yes. Of course she took pics of the court from air too.
Her ring is a little over a carat emerald stone diamond with tapered baquettes. Here is the ring. She called me and immediately asked me to be her maid of honor. She said she knew that was the one thing she didn't have to think about. Of course I started crying. I was doing so good through the whole story because I was finally so relieved I could talk about it with her.
So now the wedding planning begins. I am so excited to start helping. Yipee!!! Now I am off to Jacksonville, Florida to see a dear friend. We are going to drive down to Orlando tomorrow night and surprise my dad who has a meeting there. He is taking my sister and her fiance to dinner tomorrow night. A just lives an hour south of Orlando. So the whole trip works out perfect otherwise I would not see my sister till her graduation in May.

1 Comments:
What a sweet proposal! Congrats to her! And you for being her maid of honor :) .
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home