A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Monday, February 06, 2006

Weekend recap

Friday I basically crashed. Still not used this schedule completely yet. B cooked me dinner and I went to bed fairly early.

Saturday I cleaned my apartment from top to bottom. Then ran around and got a few things like a new shower curtain liner( mine was disgusting) and a book to read at night to help me relax. I found a book at "Half Price Books" that I had left one time on a plane and never finished reading. Also got a sleeping mask to help block out all the light during the day while I sleep. Then Saturday night we decided to use my entertainment book to go "The Melting Pot" for dinner. I just love fondue, it is so much fun. But the problem was we waited so late we had to have reservations at 945 and B had to keep me awake till then. We ended up playing 90s trivia and I was reminded again why I love board games and need to play them more often. After we finally got there it was probably almost around 1030 before we ate and it was almost 12 before we left. I was so stuffed when we laid down that night. But it was so yummy! And we did not get dessert fondue so they gave us a card to get a free dessert fondue next time.

Sunday I had all attentions of going to church but my sleep schedule is so messed up I was back asleep by church time. Then I had to get ready for a Super Bowl party. I really did not care about the game but it was so much fun just to get out and have some sort of a normal life even thought it was cut short. B and I went in 2 cars because I left at 7 and was in bed asleep before 8. That would be thanks to the few beers that helped relax me. It was really good to hang out with his friends and their girlfriends. There was only a few of us girls but we enjoyed gossiping and pigging out on the food. I realized that I might not have given some of these girls a chance before or maybe they might not have give me a chance either. So I am glad I did not let my new schedule hinder me from going over there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home