My trip to Sunny Florida
Yes Florida was all nice and sunny while Dallas was flooding.
I arrived late Thursday night and we stayed up talking to the wee hours of the morning. It was so good to get some quality and much needed girl time with her.
Friday morning we received a call about doing something in our company that is not illegal but it is frowned upon. Yes we work for the same company. It was cool to do this thing because I got to the other side of what my company is really about. I will say I am glad I am in the corporate office.
Then Friday afternoon we headed to the outlets in St. Augustine and shopped for a bit. I bought some new black dress shoes from Liz Claiborne. My shoes were falling apart since I wear them pretty much every day in the winter.
Friday night we headed to Orlando, on the way down we got to see the Daytona Racetrack. It is right on the interstate which to me was interesting. I thought it was near the beach. We arrived in Orlando to surprise my dad who was flying there for a business meeting. My sister and her fiance were in Melbourne which is only an hour away and he wanted to take them to dinner. We showed up at the restaurant first. When my sister arrived it was full of tears and happiness. Her ring is so beautiful and she is glowing from ear to ear. Her fiance was glowing too. I have never seen A look like he did when he looked at my sister that night. It was sweet. We sat down and waited on my dad. He arrived and I hid. He saw my friend and was confused and then his eyes got huge and I thought it was going to cry. He was so happy to see me. We had dinner at this wonderful Italian restaurant Bergamo's down in the middle of all the tourist attractions. About every 30-45mins the servers sing to you everything from opera to modern day. It was so loud but their voices were awesome. My dad tricked my sister and put in a special request. They sang a sweet love song in honor of their engagement. It was very hard to leave them that night. And I was doing so good not to cry till A told me he loved me. I lost it. We arrived back home at almost 1am and went straight to bed.
Saturday were lazy for a bit then got up and headed to the beach. We walked along the beach and then a fishing pier but the wind was getting the best of us. Then we headed to the mall and shopped so more. I got so many clothes in Old Navy that I needed and will all be perfect for Hawaii-light and easy to carry. That night we had BBQ and drank beer and gossiped some more about sex and boys. It reminded me a of being in college. Great times!
Sunday we were so lazy again, we did nothing but watch tv and relax. I got up and got ready and we headed to the airport. Thanks to the bad weather in Dallas I almost did not make it back. But by the time I arrived and B picked me up we still had to eat dinner. It was almost 11 before I got to bed of course after some quality time in the bedroom.
So needless to say Monday with 3 hours of sleep I was dying. I am still trying to catch up but doing much better. I am having a awesome week and my mom and little sister will be here Saturday night for 10 days!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home