Crawfish, a yummy cake and a fluffy bed
B and I started Saturday morning by meeting at a friend's house for a crawfish boil in honor of the groom. It was mainly guys there but the few of us girls had a great time basking in the shade and still getting a little sunburned. The crawfish was so yummy and very very spicy. After spending a few hours there we headed down to the hotel to check in.
The hotel was very nice. After we checked in I just wanted to close my eyes for about an hour and enjoy the king size bed. But B had other plans he wanted a snack so we ordered room service. Then he still wouldn't let me sleep. He wanted to make sure we enjoyed the room to the fullest.
Finally I gave up and got up and started getting ready. After a fresh haircut and beautifully waxed eyebrows and my new Cache dress I was ready to party. B looked very handsome in his brand new suit, it was almost a shame we had to go downstairs. The wedding ceremony was super short but very nicely done. There was a cocktail hour while they took their pictures which seemed like it lasted a short time. Then we were led into the grand ballroom for the sit down dinner. It consisted of salad followed by steak and chicken with grilled vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes. Then the bride and groom cut the wedding cake. I have to say this was best wedding cake I have tasted in a very long time.
Then there was dancing and lots of drinking to be had by all. The wedding was really uninventful except for the groom and groomsmen trying to do the centipede. It was bet that if the groom cried he had to do it and if he didn't they had to do it. They could not agree who did what so they all did it. I think B took 10 pictures of this scene. It was pretty funny. By 1030 there was only the group of the B and the groom's friends left and we took over the place.(The bride is probably the closer girl to me in the group b/c like me she did not know any of them until she started dating her husband. But the other girlfriends and wives were so nice that night I was suprisinly shocked.) At midnight the bar stopped and we said good night to the bride and groom. It was so different because they did not really care about going to their room just yet. They have been engaged for almost 2 years and already live together so I think to them they were already married and this was just a party. We went to sleep in our fluffy bed and slept so hard we did not want to get up at checkout time. The bride and groom called us to go eat breakfast but we passed. They are not leaving for their honeymoon till Friday.
Today my dear friend is here and we went and ate Chipotle for lunch and spent some girl time catching up. I am so glad she is here this week and looking forward to every chance I get to hang out with her when she is not caught up in meetings.

1 Comments:
The wedding sounds like a blast. The fact that you got to wear your new Cache dress and see your guy dress up . . that alone would make a night fun :) Glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home