A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

BRRRRRRRRR it is cold!

I am in Iowa this week for work where the temps have not been above freezing. On Monday flying to here I had to fly through Chicago. It was so beautiful covered in white. I land here and nothing on the ground but so cold. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 17 with windchill in the negatives. When I go to work at 7am the windchill will be around -10. Oh I can't wait...NOT! This just reminds me how much I love the hot weather and will need to live at a beach one day.

Speaking of being at work at 7am. I have been getting up b/t 430am-500am to go down to the gym and workout. I know when I get off I will not be motivated to get up. So I just go to bed before 9pm and get up early and workout. It has been great for me to do this because I am not tired all day. Going to start doing this everywhere I go from now on. B and I decided when I am home we will workout in the mornings instead of the evenings like we had been doing. He doesn't go to work till almost 9am so it would just be getting up around 730am. I think we can handle that. He is doing it this week by himself.

Tonight when I left the restaurant after dinner it was pouring snow. It is scattered throughout the parking lot of the hotel. They said it wasn't going to be much so it would not stick. I guess I will find out in the morning. Off to snuggle in my huge down comforter bed, by myself of course. :)

I will post later on this week on this past weekend's wedding in Alabama.

3 Comments:

At Wed Dec 06, 09:33:00 PM , Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Snow and down comforters. That sounds so comfy cozy! Have a wonderful warm rest of your trip!

 
At Thu Dec 07, 06:05:00 PM , Blogger L said...

oh the joys of the midwest! i just hate below freezing temps. the wind is what makes it so horrible. BUNDLE UP!

 
At Tue Dec 12, 11:08:00 PM , Blogger my life is brilliant said...

Wow, what a traveler! Enjoy those cold temps. It's supposed to be 80 degrees in Dallas this weekend! Ugh! Hello, Mother Nature -- it's December!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home