A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

ICY Blast

Yes that is the goofy name Fox 4 is calling the last 5 days.

I arrived back Friday from St. Louis before the mess and my roomie from college and her husband beat the weather here too. They had come to town for a wedding that he was in on Saturday. They got here late Friday night after the rehearsal dinner and we stayed up talking and talking. Then Saturday they had to go do wedding stuff so B and I were just lazy all day in front of the fire. We grabbed Freebirds for dinner and watched football.

Sunday the weather still was ok but super cold. My friend and her husband were not leaving to Monday so we had all day Sunday with them. The boys sat around and drank beer while we curled up with them in front of the fire watching football. It was so much fun. Then we got ready for an early dinner to the The Melting Pot. It is a great couples date place. So much to yap about over Fondue. Then we raced home to watch 24!

Monday there was so much ice on the road but they still were able to leave which was sad b/c we were all wanting them to be able to stay. B and I had did not have to work that day. It was such a super great weekend with them. I love that the boys get a long so well. We are already planning a trip to Atlanta sometime this year. It just such to have such good friends live so far away.




These little Kegs is what the guys drank all day Sunday

2 Comments:

At Wed Jan 17, 11:39:00 PM , Blogger my life is brilliant said...

Don't you love how overdramatic the news is with weather stuff? I wouldn't even call today an "icy blast," but they sure did!

Those mini kegs are awesome!

 
At Thu Jan 18, 03:44:00 PM , Blogger L said...

wow, it sounds like a really fun weekend. I've never had dinner (only dessert) at Melting Pot, but it does sound like a great double date idea.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home