A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Smile....

This afternoon after work I headed to the mall to run a few errands. While I was there I noticed the calendar stand that every mall has this time of year was selling all calendars for $4. I said hey I could get a desk one for my new desk. Yay! I spend about 15 minutes searching and finally decide on one that will give interesting facts every day. As the cashier hands me my change he says "Have a great day and Smile". I looked at him funny and then he proceeds to tell me " you haven't smiled since you got here". I looked at him and said "I am just tired." As I walk off I start to get angry. I did not have a bad day but what was my face showing to the world. Am I supposed to smile nonstop in public??? Nothing was wrong me I just was not smiling. Now I can't shake this feeling of how I look to everyone when they see my face.

2 Comments:

At Thu Jan 25, 12:50:00 PM , Blogger my life is brilliant said...

Maybe the guy was trying to flirt or hit on you or get you to smile for whatever reason, but he was clueless about how to do it.

You don't have to smile all the time. Sometimes, you have to think or concentrate, and sometimes, you just don't feel like it! And that's okay. It doesn't mean you're not a happy person. No one can smile all the time. That's why clowns have theirs painted on. (How do you like that reasoning?) :)

I've had people say similar things to me before. Just brush it off. The guy could've just been an absolute weirdo.

 
At Mon Jan 29, 12:51:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate that. I get so caught up in watching other people getting drunk and acting stupid when I'm out that I don't smile much. Then I get questioned about why I'm not having fun. When in actuallity I'm having a great time. So I know exactly what you mean.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home