A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wedding showers for my sister

Not this last weekend but the weekend before that I went home to Alabama. I was gone for about 46 hrs and it was so fast. We had so much to do for the wedding and 2 wedding showers to attend. I arrived in Birmingham late Friday night and my sister picked me up. Then we got in bed real late and got about 5 hrs of sleep. That morning we had the first shower at our church. It was a brunch which was super fun and cute. She got a lot of nice gifts.

Then we ran home packed up the car and head to Mississippi for her laundry shower. She got 2 weeks worth of lingerie outfits. All cute and none the same. She got a few naughty gifts as well. We played a game with bananas where everyone had to carve their best penis. It was so funny. It was hard for me to do since I hate bananas and how they smell makes me want to gag. Then I stayed in while they went out on the town. I knew my sister had too many people she needed to visit with and I was so tired and wanted to sleep. Then Sunday we got up and drove back to Birmingham. We got a few errands in then she dropped me at the airport. It was such a good weekend but went by way to fast.


The church shower


My baby sister working on her banana


My sister's wedding night outfit that I bought her

3 Comments:

At Wed Feb 07, 12:38:00 PM , Blogger my life is brilliant said...

How fun! I can't believe the banana game! Scandalous! ;)

And how did they judge that one?

 
At Wed Feb 07, 05:00:00 PM , Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

How FUN!! I'm so glad you got to go and have fun! I am so sad I wont be there for the big day. Well...in person. ;-)

Okay, thinking about baby sister carving a banana into that is cracking me up. She will always be a baby to me!

 
At Thu Feb 08, 01:01:00 PM , Blogger L said...

It looks like so much fun!! What a beautiful picture of the three of you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home