A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Visually Impaired

Last night B and I went to grab a quick bite at one my favorite places,McAllister's Deli. They are all over Alabama and finally making their way to Texas. There is one 2 minutes from our place now. They have the best sweet tea....not too sweet but sweet enough.

Afterwards B said he needed to get cash out so we stopped at the Chase bank ATM drive-thru. When we pull up B said what the heck. I look over and it says if you are "visually impaired there is audio available". Ok first the ATM screen is very crisp and clean compared to many others. Looks like an internet site. Second are you kidding me...if they are visually impaired should they really be driving. I mean come on that is scary thought. Third you must bring your own headset to hear than audio. I thought the think just blared from the ATM.

I could not stop laughing not because there are visually impaired people in the world but because this comment is hilarious. Seriously these people should not be driving a car if this is true. It was probably the best laugh I had all week because my cheeks and stomach hurt. I really want to call Chase and ask them what they were thinking.

2 Comments:

At Tue Mar 27, 04:01:00 PM , Blogger my life is brilliant said...

All very good points. I remember one time my brother brought up the question of how blind people know where braille even is.

I could see Chase having an ATM like that if it weren't the DRIVE-UP one. And who thinks to bring headphones to the ATM?!

 
At Fri Mar 30, 01:28:00 PM , Blogger L said...

LOVE MacAllister's. I left them a comment when I ate there in Alabama telling them they needed to come up to Nebraska. Now I wish they'd come to D.C.! Yum!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home