A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Things to smile about this week

  1. Plane tickets finally went down so B and I can fly to Charleston for his birthday weekend in August for a 3 day vacation with our friends from Atlanta who have a beach house in Edisto, SC. We are so excited since we are not paying for a place to stay.
  2. I got a nice raise. It was way more than I expected. Now this means I can maybe get the new car I have been eyeing. The new Nissan Altima Coupe. Still thinking about it would not be right now but maybe in a few months.
  3. If I was to get a new car my car insurance would only go up about $22 more a month than now.
  4. I am going to Florida for work and since I am in Florida I was able to go earlier and spend some time with my sister and BIL. And it just so happens my dad will be there to. So I will get to see him for a bit. Yay for the company buying my ticket!
  5. Our first week of the meetings with my company went really well. 10 more to go!
  6. My new favorite drink is vodka/sprite with 2 limes. Of course with good vodka.
  7. Going to see Harry Potter 5 tomorrow and the new book comes out next weekend!

3 Comments:

At Thu Jul 12, 10:06:00 PM , Blogger L said...

Woo-hoo on the raise! And traveling w/o paying for lodging is the best! It's the only way to travel in my opinion.

 
At Fri Jul 13, 12:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the raise. Let me know how you like HP5.

 
At Wed Jul 18, 12:42:00 PM , Blogger my life is brilliant said...

A raise? Nice! I bet that'll help out that savings account even more!

And you need to update your list to add lunch on Friday! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home