A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Invitations

Invitations are ordered! Just so you know that was harder than anything we had to do really so far. I think invitations are too expensive for 99% of the people to just throw them away. But at the same time I didn’t want them to look cheap. So we had to find a compromise on the price. We eventually settled on 3 and then finally decided which one we wanted to see the proof of. We did 2 proofs with different fonts. Well they called on Monday with the proof ready and they had not spelled B’s name correctly and left off “at” in front of the wedding time. We decided which font we liked better and they did another proof for us for free since they messed up the name. So yesterday I go to look at it and it looks great. Well the lady helping me brings up that I have “request the honor of your presence” and it is not at a church. The proper way would be “request the pleasure of your company” when at a place that is not a church. So then I didn’t know what to do. Of course it is not a sin if I left it but she had me wondering. So I went home and looked all the invitations I had which were a lot to see what they did. And of course everyone was done with the right wording to fit the venue. So today I changed it with her. And they are off to be printed. I didn’t think this would be so much work but it really turned out to be. It is also a very surreal moment seeing it on paper and I am sure once I pick them up it would be even more surreal. I am getting married!!!!

3 Comments:

At Thu Feb 14, 09:05:00 AM , Blogger L said...

If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I save my friends invitations becuase they're so pretty. :) And they at least stay up on my fridge for months.

 
At Mon Feb 18, 11:32:00 AM , Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see them! I know they are beautiful! I booked my flight today, so I'm ready!!!

 
At Mon Feb 18, 01:24:00 PM , Blogger my life is brilliant said...

I save invitations from good friends' weddings so if I ever get around to making a scrapbook, I can put the invitation on that page with the pictures from the wedding.

I never realized the wording was specific to the location. Funny thing is, it's probably only people who've ordered invitations before who know that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home