On one knee.....
Yes Brian got down on one knee and I am engaged!!!!! It all happened on our trip to Edisto, South Carolina last weekend.
Last Saturday night B kept pushing for us to walk on the beach. Every time we go to the beach he wants to walk on the beach at night and something happens and we don't. Well that night my friend's husband took FOREVER cooking dinner on the grill. It was not his fault b/c he did not have cover for the grill to keep the heat in. But since we ate so late all I wanted to do was go to bed. Well B quickly reminded me the next was his birthday and he would be too inebriated to walk on the beach that night. Which was very believable so I gave in. On the way out there I had a split second where I wondered if it was about to happen. Heck I think about it so often that I couldn't help wondering. But he was so calm and cool the whole way out there.
When we get out there it is so dark because we are in quiet beach town with no hotels on the beach. It is only houses on the beach. So I was a little scared. B said we only stay out for a bit and then he eventually gave me the flashlight to hold. I couldn't have had the flashlight very long when he said what is this. I turn around and he is holding a small glass bottle. He told me he thought the kids were trying to catch baby crabs. I looked at it and said no it is a message in the bottle ya know the ones they threw in the ocean and see where it goes. So now my heart is beating fast and I am getting mad at myself for really thinking this could be happening. I kept telling myself don't ruin this moment even if this is not it. Well then he wanted me to read the note in the bottle. I opened it up and it said if you found this bottle you have been granted one wish and to close my eyes for 5 seconds to make the wish. Well when I was done I was really freaking out but then he was still so calm. I tried to through the bottle in the ocean but he stopped me. He said I needed to make my wish first.
So I closed my eyes and wished he would ask me to marry him but not necessarily then. When I opened my eyes B was down on one knee. I told him you are really not doing this and he said yes he was. So for some crazy reasons I got on my knees with him. I think because I wanted to hear and feel him right by me. He said lots of sweet things like growing old with me and having kids with me and waking up next to me the rest of his life. He started to choke up but never cried. And to his surprise I didn't cry either. I was grinning from ear to ear and just trying to process the whole moment. It felt so surreal. And then he said those words that I had been dying to hear " Will you marry me" and I said "yes of course". After hugging and kissing he then asked me if I wanted to see my ring. I had completely forgotten I had not seen a ring yet. He pulled it out and then put it on my finger and asked for me to hold my hand tight because it was not insured yet.
We sat on the beach for a bit and enjoyed our moment. B then made a joke that he had promised it would happen before his birthday and it did by a few hours. I couldn't believe he was so calm the whole weekend. My friend and I that day had been sitting on the beach talking about how we didn't think it was going to happen. Well come to find out he had the ring to my friend's husband a few weeks earlier and that is why he had been so calm he had not had it. So we raced back to the condo to give the good news. Of course my friend was so shocked but even more so that her husband had been able to keep it from her. It warmed my heart how he trusted him and how close they had become. We were only able to call our parents and my sister that night since it happened so late.
So I am finally engaged and we are shooting for June 7, 2008 Lake Tahoe. We decided a destination wedding was the way to go since everyone would have to travel even if we got married in Dallas. So why not go somewhere cooler. After my sister's wedding we realized only a small group of people really stay at the weddings for a long time and they are the ones who would go anywhere to see you get married. And we should be able to do it a fairly decent cost. Just crossing our fingers that not everywhere is taken there.

After I got engaged

We are so happy!!

My ring

5 Comments:
Yay! I was wondering when you were going to update! ;)
I'm so excited for you and so happy for you two. We're definitely celebrating when K's in town next!
I am sooooo excited for you. Congrats! Tell B I said Hello.
WOW WOW WOW. It is an absolutely gorgeous ring Heather! And such a sweet proposal story. I'm so happy for you, and I'm really excited to hear about the wedding preparations.
Congratulations Heather!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you both!!
What a gorgeous ring!!!!!!
Wow looks like I should check blogs more often. I cannot believe I did not know about your engagment until now! CONGRATS! You two are such a cute couple! So happy for you!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home