A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Holidays come and gone

Don't they always fly by faster than you expected. Sad because sometimes when it is over I feel like I was let down. I guess we walking around with a million things to do and then there is nothing. I do have pictures but I have yet to find time to upload them and sort through them.

After attending our company's Christmas party on the 14th where I wore this hot red dress we only had a few days till we left for Alabama. Those next few days were filled with many last minute errands that I needed to do and finishing up some wedding stuff we had started. I even got to see Allison's dad and step mom who brought us our first wedding gift. I can't wait to put it up in our future house.

Then on Thursday the 20th we headed to Alabama super early in the morning for the next 7 days. We spent time seeing so many of my friends and eating all my momma's yummy food. We also we able to register at the local jewelry store and department store. The boys played golf a lot while we girls just hung around the house. One afternoon we worked on my save the dates(mailed yesterday) which took not very long at all and look pretty good I might say. We bought postcards in Tahoe and put the information on labels on the cards. Very cheap but cute. Watched a lot of movies and even went and saw "I am Legend". Christmas morning was just as fun as usual. My parents don't have a lot of money but always try to give us little things we actually need and B even got spoiled. Yes there was the normal arguments and bickering but that is just my family and I am fine with it. No family is perfect. On the day after Christmas we headed home for only 12 hours.

On the 27th we left early in the morning and headed to B's parents in South Texas. The trip was different than my parent's place. I do love his parents but it is just different from my house. No meals on the table every night and when there is it is not always anything healthy. I would love to elaborate more but it is things I can't change and I don't need to dwell on it. I had my first very small run in with the in laws and really didn't even involve me. But B handled it so well and stood up for what we both had agreed upon on a situation involving his brother. Just made me love him even more. We able to see some of his friends and to see his grandmother. One day we went into Mexico to go shopping. And then we headed to South Padre Island with his parents for New Years. While there we went fishing and looked at property maybe to buy and rent out. Just a thought not sure we can do that right now with a wedding around the corner. On New Year's eve the weather was so nice and warm. By the evening the wind and cooler weather had picked up. We went to a nice dinner with is parents and at midnight watched the fireworks on the bay. Then New Year's Day we headed back to Dallas and the working world.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jan 14, 12:10:00 PM , Blogger L said...

It's good to get a life update from you. Your holidays do sound nice and relaxing. I can imagine that it would be tough to get used to how a different family does things. I'm not looking forward to having to share my holidays, since in my opinion, they are already so perfect with my family. :) I'm sorry you got food poisoning. I've had it once, and it's the worst. I can't believe you had to go to work!
Hope you are able to find a church that feels like home this year. Don't give up; I know you'll find one!

 
At Wed Jan 16, 08:42:00 AM , Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

remember, the faster they fly, the sooner it is to your wedding!! YIPEE!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home