A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Labor Day weekend

I have not had any real time to get busy with the wedding planning. I have looked at the destination we chose but not narrowed it down yet. I have been traveling and working so much but this week I am home all week and I will be able to get something accomplished.

Labor day weekend we spent time with the same couple we did the weekend we got engaged. This time we went to their home in GA so we could go to the football games. Her and I went to the AU game and B and her husband went to the UGA. After a very nerve racking game we finally won the game. (Unlike last night where we lost :( )It was so good to be back there and I got to visit with so many people while in town. My little college town has grown up so much that it is kind of sad.

We got in so late that night that we slept till noon on Sunday. Then headed to lake for the afternoon. The boys grilled out for dinner and then we made homemade vanilla ice cream. Monday we spent the day at her aunt's pool before we flew out that evening. Again it was another awesome weekend with them. Looking forward to our next trip which will be her baby shower after the first of the year.
The kids I kept while in College....they are huge now!
My friend that leaves in Hawaii and her baby...he is adorable in his outfit!
My friend that is pregnant looking like wet dogs because it rained for 35 mins prior to kickoff and all we could was just sit there and get wet!
The field! I love football.

1 Comments:

At Wed Sep 12, 02:53:00 PM , Blogger L said...

It sounds like a very fun weekend! Your friends sound fun. I want to make homemade ice cream! And I'm so jealous that you got to go to a game . . although that is not the game I would've picked of course. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home