A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Friday, February 08, 2008

Living out of a suitcase

So for the last 3 weeks all I have been doing is living out of my suitcase. I have been all over the place in all sorts of different temperatures. After a week long training class the first week of January I headed to St. Louis the day before I headed that way B’s uncle passed away. So I cut my trip short to be with him and his family. This meant I had to take clothes for both trips. When we returned I was only home for 24hrs before I headed to Orlando for a week. Then I was home for 48hrs and headed to a city outside of Waco for a week. Once returning from there B and I went to Atlanta for the weekend to visit the friends that were with us when we got engaged. I was able to attend her baby shower that was being held that weekend. Again courtesy of frequent flyer miles the trip was free! We even had free parking at the airport. On super bowl Sunday when we returned I just wanted to be at home and enjoy being here. Now I have been here for almost 5 days and I enjoyed every minute of it. I have been cooking every night and working out and doing wedding stuff. It has been great!!!

So I had decided it was time to talk to my boss the week B’s uncle passed away. I was seriously stressed about the traveling and trying to do everything that needed to be done. I know I signed up at first to travel with this job. Then my boss wanted me to stay here more and travel less well it happened for awhile. Then we got too busy out in the field and off I was again. I don’t mind it but right now with wedding planning I need to be here. So I was going to talk to him about this and then all of sudden he had to lay off the other girl who worked in our department. (She was a friend of mine) I was not super shocked because I heard they would be laying off one person in each department. And just so happy B and I still have jobs. Since this happened my boss wants me to stay home and do her job and finally be able to do my job that I was supposed to be doing here. I have one more trip in February and one in March but it was my chose to still go on those. And once a month is not bad at all. But after that I should be here till the wedding which is great. I hated it for her but it worked out for me.

5 Comments:

At Fri Feb 08, 05:02:00 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

4 more months!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! How exciting!

I know how annoying it is to live out of a suitcase. At least you'll basically be home till the wedding now (except for the once a month trips.)

And again, 4 months!!! Eeeeeeeee!!!!! :D

 
At Fri Feb 08, 11:44:00 PM , Blogger L said...

What a blessing for you. I think traveling sounds glamorous . . until you have to do it ALL the time! This will be so nice for you, being able to focus on the wedding now. Maybe you'll be able to blog more, too?? :)

 
At Sat Feb 09, 09:52:00 AM , Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Yay! So nice to be able to be home more when you have so much going on!

 
At Tue Feb 12, 09:23:00 PM , Blogger my life is brilliant said...

Wow! That's a lot of stuff in a little amount of time. Glad for you that you'll be staying home now. Maybe we can finally get together again!

 
At Mon Feb 18, 11:28:00 AM , Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

Okay, I think my comment just got lost in space. So, let's try again.

SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!! Now, you and B need to come over for dinner and/or drinks one night!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home