A secret
So I have a secret and I want some opinions. It is not my secret it is someone else's. But this person trusted me with this secret and now I am carrying it around and have not shared it with B. It is not like B has asked about it. Why should he? He doesn't know to ask. And he knows this person as well. I guess I just don't want to ruin what he thinks about this person.
So am I wrong for not telling him the secret? Please help.

5 Comments:
I guess ultimately it's your decision, but I share everything with Marc. Even the nitty gritty secrets I must yap about with SOMEONE. I think a big reason though, is because I have 100% trust in him that if he isn't to share it with anyone else, that he wont.
Guess I didnt answer the quesion...
I dont think its wrong of you not to tell him. It sounds like its none of his business anyway.
As far him thinking differently about this person...that's a tough one. Knowing him though, I doubt that would be the case!
That's a toughie! Is it someone he's close to? Is the secret something it's best for B not to know?
Or is it just something you want to get off your chest?
I don't think you're wrong for not telling B about the secret. If it's something you think he needs to know, then you can share it with him. It sounds like that might the case.
HHHMMMM! Sounds like you are in a tough spot. On one hand this person confided in you and trusts you. But on the other B. trusts you to share you're life with him. So, I think you should talk to B. about it UNLESS the person specifically told you not to tell him. This person has to know that you would talk to B. about everything and therefore would have specified if they didn't want you to tell him. If they did say don't tell him, then you shouldn't. In that case you should encourage the friend to tell B. themselves.
Oh! That is a tough one!!! On the one hand I have no secrets from Kyle... but on the other hand, I guess I've never had someone confide in me like this to put me in a position where I'd have to choose! Ugh!
Can you maybe ask your friend if it's ok to share with B????? Maybe he/she just assumed you'd tell B so it's no big deal (I always assume the significant other will be let in the secret.)
If you don't think your friend would be comfortable with B knowing, then you probably shouldn't share... at least not until enough time has passed than it won't be such a big deal anymore.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home