Life throws curve balls to make things interesting...
I am sitting in the Reno airport drinking a beer to relax. That quote in the title is from my baby sister. Yesterday B had a car wreck or should I say someone wrecked into him. He was sitting at a stop light and the lady came off the exit ramp and said she was not paying attention and didn't see him. Let me tell you what a mess I was yesterday. I can't see him or touch him and I am miles away. I know he was OK and there was no hospital visit but I could not get a handle on the situation from out here. People kept telling me to relax and there was nothing I could do and that was making it worse. THEY WERE TRYING TO HELP AND WERE JUST MAKING IT WORSE!!!!I still kept working until he could talk. Apparently in Texas if there is no serious injury the cops do not come out. So they were doing all the paperwork their selves. I have to trust she doesn't try to do anything wrong since it her word against B's.
Anyway car is at dealership already and adjuster comes Monday. He is very sore and went to primacare for xrays and exam and got some meds. Nothing broken or out of place but I am going to watch him in case it doesn't get better. Don't want this to be reoccurring injury. He just picked up the rental so thank goodness we have that. And so far no problems from the lady's insurance. Just hoping it continues to go smoothly when it is time for them to pay for the medical bills and the car getting fixed.
So the wedding is 10 weeks away and I just want to scream that this has happened. My sisters and friend are coming this weekend for a girl's weekend and it just added stress. I just hate that their is so much hassle involved with accidents that are over in a second. Yes this could be much worse than this. So I am very thankful and I can't wait tonight to wrap my arms around B. I know life is not perfect and I just have to deal with it. I am trying and finally starting to feel better and getting so excited for the weekend.

4 Comments:
Oh my gosh! I'm so glad he's OK. Poor thing. I'm sure it makes it more stressful that this happened when you're out of town. I'm sure you'll both be glad when you're back.
We'll have extra fun on Saturday to make up for this stress!
Oh no! That sucks! I'm glad he's okay and that so far insurance is going well. I'm glad you're looking on the bright side of things - it is good to have a rental car too! Imagine if this happened and THEN have no car until it gets fixed!!
I have been thinking about yall ever since you told me! Good thing its not HIS weekend for the festivities!! ;-) jk
Ooh, that would make me nervous to not have the police involved, but it sounds like things are going well. Your weekend in Tahoe sounds wonderful. You got so much accomplished AND were able to enjoy yourselves!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home