April 12 my dress should be here!
So of course I did not get a call Thursday morning. I called at lunch and get this the manager is off that day. So go figure she wouldn't get the message so I talked to the assistant manager. I was not ugly but very firm and explained how disappointed I am in the communication and not hearing back from anyone including my consultant. I said it is not your fault it is too short but it is your fault that I don't have an answer. So she said she would call the manager. I am thinking yeah right she is going to answer. But she did call back. So apparently they never talked to them on Monday or Tuesday because the warehouse was in meetings. So Wednesday they finally got a return vendor number and sent the dress back which they should received at 3pm that day. Once the warehouse looks at it, they will give a timeline. She called that evening to say the Q & A lady had gone home and they should look in the morning.
After this my consultant called and she was pissed. No one told her this was going on until that day. And she just found the messages. She was like I am calling them now then had to inform her they did find out information already. She said it would probably be Friday morning but if I don't hear from the manager by 11 to call back. She worked at the company my dress is from before and said they should turn it around in 2 weeks. It made me feel good that she was concerned. I told her it was just very very poor communication on their. She agreed especially since she was just told. She was not there on Friday when I went in but was on Saturday and she said they didn't tell me anything!!!
Fast forward to Friday morning the assistant manager calls still nothing from them and it should be around 1:30pm. Well around 2pm she said that my dress should be here in 4 weeks. So at least I finally have a date. It was just such an ordeal when really if they had just communicated it would have all been OK. I needed some margaritas Friday night to relieve stress and met with up OO for a few.

3 Comments:
Phew, a date! Communication can not be overrated.
Oh thank goodness!!!
Yes, it definitely sounds like a big lack of communication. Hopefully the store realizes the need for better communication with their customers in the future so other brides won't have to go through such an ordeal! I am SOOOO relieved that your dress will be here soon. (well soonish - I'm sure April 12th feels like forever away). And I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO relieved that they are fixing it. I mean, how could they NOT fix it, but still. It makes me feel a whole lot better about the whole bridal dress industry to know that they *do* own up to their mistakes and fix them. Whew!
Yay for your dress coming in 4 weeks!!! :D
So glad you've got a date on it now AND that we went out on Friday. I needed it too!
If you want to meet up for margaritas to celebrate a dress coming in on April 12th that fits you like a glove, give me a call! ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home