A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Trying not to panic

So yesterday I went to have my first fitting with my wedding dress. I took a friend with me which I am so glad I did. Now I don't remember if I mentioned this but I ordered my dress at the end of October and it came in 7 weeks later. Way earlier than they expected. So when I went in January to pick out my veil she showed me my dress. I opted to not try it on because I was alone and not expecting that it would be there. I picked out my veil and was told I would hear from them first week of March.

Well Monday they call saying it was time for my first fitting. I scheduled it for 3pm on Friday afternoon so we could leave work early. I get there and and start putting it on. My friend immediately said Heather something is wrong. I look down at my feet and see what she is talking about. It is too short. And by that I mean even someone not as tall as me it would have been a little short on them too. I start trying to breathe and surprisingly I was not freaking out. My friend looks at the seamstress and said they didn't add the 5 inches at all. This should have been super long. It is like they removed 5 inches or something. I know it was slightly shorter than the sample even was. The manager of the store(by the way of very well known high end store) comes in and she starts flipping out. I think she was mad for the both of us. She measures and said they didn't do anything they were told to do. Again I am still breathing being that my wedding was exactly 3 months from that exact day.

The manger says I can't get the company on the phone but they have to fix this immediately. I am still just breathing. I mean seriously what could I do. It had already been a bad week with a few things already going wrong. I thought this can't be the worse thing. She said I will hear from her next week. I am hoping that means Monday so at least I have a date. Otherwise I might start to panic.

At least we know the dress was the right size and I shouldn't have too much taken in. And my shoes worked great with it. But that was about all we could determine. I was in and out there in 15 minutes and we hit a bar so I could have a few drinks to calm down. Thank God for my friend because I can't imagine being alone and that happening!!! Cross your fingers I here from them Monday.

6 Comments:

At Sat Mar 08, 07:16:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Sat Mar 08, 07:18:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! At least you have 3 months left though. Some people find their dress, order it, and alter it, in that time! So keep breathing, it will be fine!

 
At Sun Mar 09, 12:56:00 PM , Blogger L said...

Yes, thank goodness you do have 3 months. They should give you a discount, my goodness! I think everything will be ok, but what a scare!

 
At Mon Mar 10, 11:41:00 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Holy Crap!!!

I would die. Like actually lie down, right there in the store, and just cease to live.

You are a VERY strong girl!!!

I had to add 3 inches to my dress and I am SO scared of the EXACT same thing happening. GAH!

OK. Now that the initial panic is over (deep soothing breaths! And I think I might mostly be talking to myself here...) I am SURE this can be fixed. They can bump your dress to the front of the line and make a you a new one (or fix this one) in just a few days, I would assume. I mean, really, how long does it ACTUALLLY take to sew the material together and stuff. I've always assumed that the reason it takes so long to get a wedding dress is because they end up bumping RUSH orders to the front of the line (either to fix something they screwed up OR to accomodate brides who ordered late and then paid a RUSH fee). It doesn't really take 6 months to create your dress, it just takes 6 months for them to finally GET to your dress.

So now, you should be at the front of the line! And they should be able to fix this is no time!

It will work out. I know 3 months feels like 3 seconds, but it really is enough time to get this whole thing sorted out.

Big hugs to you!!!!

And hey, at least your shoes totally work!

 
At Wed Mar 12, 12:14:00 PM , Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

I'm still crossing my fingers!! Don't worry, it will all work out. You still have plenty of time!

I had SO much fun sat night! can't wait for sunday!!!

 
At Wed Mar 12, 02:32:00 PM , Blogger my life is brilliant said...

I totally agree with Courtney.

Poor thing! No WONDER you seemed upset today! I'm sure it'll all work out just fine.

And if you need to have some drinks again, call me. I'll be there in a heartbeat!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home