A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Trying to catch up...

I know I promised pictures. It has been absolutely insane since we got back. It took almost a week to adjust to being back. And really once I adjusted I didn't stop running with worth. My boss said I hope you brought your running shoes back with you. I told him I left them in Fiji. LOL. Seriously just nonstop since I got back. And the last 2 weeks I have been going in at 6am and worked a weekend. We had a huge project go live July 13. So when I get home at night I really don't want to get on the computer. And I don't blog at work. So I am going to try to catch everyone up and then yes there are some pictures on here.

We started looking for a place to buy. That was a lot of the last few weekends. We actually found a few places we really like in the area we want to be in. We are trying to move downtown D. Well one we realized was little out of price range. It is super cute old Tudor home. The only work really is redo the bathrooms. So we moved on and bid on a super nice duplex that felt like a house on the inside. Only shared living space was the garage walls and the media room walls. We were really in love with this one. Well we lost it. :( Then we found a townhouse that Brian loved but I was OK with it but we had to make a decision asap. It was marked well below appraisal value. And if we got it we could sell it in a few years for a higher price. The kitchen was phenomenal. Anyway we won the bid but they were not willing to do at FHA loan and the HOA fee didn't pay for jack crap. And on top that they were pushing us to finalize everything in less than 24 hours and we couldn't from Vegas. Anyway we are taking time off and going to start looking after Labor Day again. Still hoping the Tudor home drops to our price range. The whole process has been stressful and exhausting. I got to the point that I was just sick of looking at the same stuff over and over. So we resigned our lease in our current place. It is not up till Sept 15 but we were at the 2 month mark. They were trying to give us grief about doing month to month so finally they only raised our rent $70 and put a home buying clause in there. So we have to give them 60 days and only pay $500 to break our lease. I feel much better that were are taking a few weekends off, maybe something new will appear on market. On a brighter note it keeps me so still so close to Allison and I am pretty happy about that.

Speaking of Allison she got married in Vegas last week at the Wynn. She was so beautiful and I got to spend a lot of time with her right before she got married. I treasure all those moments. Also I met PinkSunDrops. She is so freaking cute. B and I spent a lot of time with Allison's family. Even Friday night spent time with Allison and Marc and stayed up way too late and drank of course more than we should have. But Allison and I were just having a blast being silly and goofy. It was nice to take a break from the hectic schedule of work that I had going on. We maximized our time there by doing a lot of different things. And on Saturday night when we headed back to D, we got bumped to First Class since I am Gold they oversold the plane and were trying to move people around. It was nice to ride home in first class with the free drinks.

B and I can hardly believe it has been 7 weeks since we got married. The time has surely flown since that moment. The strange thing is that I frequently dream about it more than I dreamed about wedding stuff before. We just got our pictures from our photographer. The cool thing is we own the copyright on it. So they will always be on a CD. We are already having a hard time deciding which ones for our album that she will do for us. Still have a few more thank you notes to finish. And we have even returned gifts that we didn't need. Still have Bed Bath and Beyond to return stuff too. And we have been buying things we wanted while on sale and piling in the guest room. I am looking forward to when we have our place to put all the new things out and get rid of the old stuff we are currently using.

I realize that I really you should actually blog about the wedding and honeymoon and post pictures from that. So I will share some from Vegas and hopefully this week I can do the wedding and honeymoon.


Before Allison gets married


Aren't we sweet


The happy couple


New wives!!


After a few drinks

3 Comments:

At Sun Jul 27, 03:51:00 PM , Blogger L said...

You look so cute in the green dress! I'm excited to see wedding pictures and hear more about it, but I definitely understand how time-consuming it is to upload!! I hope you and B can find a home you love. It will be worth waiting to find the perfect one. :)

 
At Sun Jul 27, 05:09:00 PM , Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Aw I love that first picture of you and Allison!! It seemed like that was a really special weekend for you two - heck the four of you : ) ! It makes my heart smile.

I've always adored Tudor homes - I hope you get it!! Home buying is stressful, I don't envy it. Although the end result I definitely do : ) ! Hoping it falls to your range!

That's awesome that you were able to do a home buying clause in there. I'm going to see if we can do that with our new lease we sign - because buying in October when our lease would be up is a bad moving time.

 
At Mon Jul 28, 12:09:00 AM , Blogger my life is brilliant said...

You updated!!! Yay!

I'm glad you guys were able to get your current lease worked out. Maybe the office lady won't constantly call you now! I'm pretty sure that alone will be a huge relief for both you and B!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home