A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Just a few more days and I will be married!!

It is almost here. I can hardly believe. I am finally at a non stress feeling because if it isn't done now then there is nothing I can do. I am actually kinda of nervous. This is huge decision and others that enter to it lightly amaze me. I am going to be wife...no longer a girlfriend or fiance but a wife. Just sounds strange. This is not cold feet just feels weird. I am interested to see how I will be on Saturday. :) At this point next week we will be starting out our flight to LAX to catch our flight to Fiji.

The weekend at my parents went pretty well despite the disarray their house is in. They are remodeling their kitchen. My sister graduated from high school. I am so happy because it was a long haul for her.


The shower at my church on Saturday was done very nicely. It was huge luncheon. We had a fruit salad to start. Then baked ham with a glaze and a Hawaiian chicken for the main course. 2 squash casseroles and this heavenly green bean mixture and homemade rolls. For dessert was strawberry ice cream sort of with a cookie crust. We got a lot of nice gifts and I was able to visit with people I have known for years.


The salad



My family


Gifts

Saturday night was the play at the Shakespeare festival. They always do a such a great job and this time was no exception.

Sunday we made the long trip by to Dallas and my little sister came back with us. She was such a huge help to me all week. And sadly today she left. The house feels empty without her. But I will see her in 4 days!! As we look over our list the big main thing left on there is to pack.....and that is what I am off to go do.

1 Comments:

At Mon Jun 02, 06:30:00 AM , Blogger L said...

I can't believe it's here! I hope you'll be able to relax and enjoy your own day, be a guest at your own wedding. You and B both look great! Has he lost any weight?-he looks slimmer to me. I can't wait to hear all about it!! Especially that Fiji trip, wow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home