32 days and counting
Yes it has been awhile. I am barely staying afloat with work and wedding and other commitments. The wedding is almost here and I just can’t believe the million little things that no one tells you about that must be done right before the big day. So I spend my evenings after work working out and then cooking and then wedding stuff. I am not even getting to bed at my normal bedtime anymore and I can tell that I am dragging. But I know it is all going to be worth it the day B and I get married. And then the next day we are off to Fiji.
There have been many things here lately that I have wanted to blog about well maybe venting is the better word for that. I have been so frustrated with the lack of attendance for our wedding. It has been people I expected to be there no matter what. Of course the first reason I hear is no money. Well excuse me did I have money to attend your wedding or be in your wedding. No I didn’t but that is what you do because you care about them. Other excuses no vacation days. Again I probably didn’t have a lot days but I made it happen. Another I have heard is their children causing since we were asking for no children to be at the ceremony or reception. We do not want them to disrupt this special day for us. But I had a dear friend whose husband was refusing to go because he would be stuck watching the kid the whole time( a whole another issue because we would hire a babysitter for them) and she couldn’t leave her child behind for 3 days, we made exception and kids will be allowed now but ONLY at the reception. Other reasons they just don’t want to travel with their kids that far. Kid will get sick or he is too young. Then leave him at home. I sure to hell hope when I have kids I do not stop being a friend to people or forget who I am. So yes I am disappointed and shocked by the ones not attending. It hurts and I have cried a lot about it. But now it is time to move on. I have found out who my real friends are and what they would do for me. These people will miss out on a special day and as sad as it is to say it probably the rest of my life. I know you are thinking wow she is cutting people out. That is not what I am doing but I am sure not going to keep putting effort into them. If they are putting forth effort then of course I will reciprocate. But for the ones coming to the wedding is who I need to focus on continuing a deep friendship with. Heck I have even family not coming that I expected to be there and I feel the same way about them.
Moving on here are some pictures from the last month of my life. We are still waiting on B’s car to get fixed. He should have it this week. His back bothers him from time to time but getting a lot better. My sisters and friend came to Dallas for a huge girl’s weekend. We had such a blast hanging out shopping for the wedding. Then we had a bachelorette night out where we started at the H0use of Blues for dinner in a private dining and then on to a very nice bar with table side service.
Then we have had 2 showers. One was a Crawfish Boil couples shower and the other was shower down in his parent’s town. We got some really nice gift at both. I went to the one down at his parent’s by myself. That was interesting since I had never been alone with them like that. They treat me good it was just strange to be there without him.
My birthday came and went and I did nothing and loved it. I had brunch with friends then went home and read my book and watched TV and napped. It was perfect.
Beautiful sisters
Right before the champagne toast
Crawfish boil shower
The gift table. We also had a red velvet cake to go along with the red crawfish theme.
Cake and chocolate covered strawberries at the shower at B's parents
No I didn't wear the hat to the shower. It was at Victoria tea room and we all played dress up with the hats. This was the one chosen for me.








2 Comments:
I am afraid of that happening when I get married someday, depending on where I get married. I don't even think of it as an option when asked to be in a wedding, so I would be hurt as well. I would want to be understanding of those without the money or vacation days, because I don't like to encourage people to go into debt . . but it would still be very hard! But just think, everyone that IS there will be all about it, not stressed out about money or childcare, and you will have a wonderful time.
All those pictures turned out so cute! I love your black hat too in the other shower picture.
I'm sorry it's getting frustrating about the people who aren't coming to the wedding. It'll be OK, though. Those of us who are there will be excited to celebrate with you two! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home