A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Saturday, August 23, 2008

New Haircut

So I have been saying that as soon as the wedding was over I would finally cut my hair. I have only keep it long for almost the last 8 years because I knew one day I would get married and wanted it that way for the wedding day. It is so hard to do something with short hair for wedding pictures. So now that day has come and gone and I knew it was time. I was just thinking like a few inches to clean it up. But then I realized I really need to this so I was thinking right at the shoulders with bangs, layers and some thinning. Well I knew he would be taking around 8 inches to make this happen so I decided to donate the hair. I am donating it to Pantene because they only need 8 inches to make a wig.

Well I get in the salon and he is running 30 minutes behind. So I start freaking out like I can't do this. I was nervous what short hair would look like on me. Finally it is my turn he measures the hair and whack it is gone. I knew it was shorter than it should be. I got home and measured it and it was really 12inches!! Next time I will take my own ruler. Anyway he cut it up, gave me layers and bangs and thinned some. And here is what it look like. I am trying to get used to it. And I do like it but I think in a few weeks I will like it even more when it is a little longer.. Maybe not at my shoulders but maybe an inch above it eventually. B likes it a lot and I have had nothing but good compliments. What do you think?
Before
After

7 Comments:

At Sat Aug 23, 07:07:00 PM , Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

It's adorable!!! It looks so fresh and sassy, just like your name! I love it! Good for you donating it, too. I'd love to grow mine out long enough to do that.

 
At Sun Aug 24, 03:39:00 PM , Blogger L said...

Yes, fresh! That is the word that came to me, too. I like it, and I'm sure you will too. It always takes time to get used to a new look.

 
At Mon Aug 25, 01:31:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it! it looks so good on you. i know how you feel though. it always takes me a while to get used to a shorter style.

 
At Tue Aug 26, 06:54:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new look.

 
At Wed Aug 27, 02:12:00 PM , Blogger k said...

i like it shorter. i think it makes you look more professional and older (in a good way!!!)

 
At Thu Aug 28, 09:10:00 PM , Blogger L said...

I would love to get together again! I leave town early Friday morning so any day before Thursday would probably work for me. I'm totally willing to drive again, too, if I need to. :) Let me know!

 
At Mon Sep 08, 07:03:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love love LOVE it!!!! So cute! I can't believe you grew it our for 8 years! It's funny what we to to prepare for weddings huh!?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home