A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A nice weekend

It is weekends like this that I am so thankful for my life. After an exhausting week at work B and I headed to Allison's for a fondue night with her and her husband. We started at 7 gathering things together and laying them all out. I made a Swiss cheese fondue that I realized didn't need the amount of milk I put in. So it was little runny. It was still yummy. We had granny smith apples, cauliflower, carrots and crusty french bread. Our next course was the basic steak and chicken with veggies. We used the actual fondue pot for this. It was so funny watching the boys try to put as much meet on the stick so they could eat more than one at a time. Lastly we made a dark chocolate fondue. Served strawberries and lady fingers. It was so yummy could have eaten that whole pot. It was a fun night that end at midnight when I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer.

Saturday still just recovering from the week. Just wanted to sleep and that is what I pretty much did. Watched tv, football and slept. We did make it to the grocery store and B grilled out last night.

Today got up and made breakfast and caught up on some tivo shows. Met Allison for lunch to catch up on girl talk and now just doing laundry and trying to buy clothes online. I hate shopping for winter clothes. Since I am so tall just really hard to find clothes that actually fit me. B keeps insisting I buy clothes. I know it is because he sick of hearing me saying I don't have anything to wear since the weather has changed. So I am off to buy something and rest up. Another long week ahead....I love weekends like this.

1 Comments:

At Tue Oct 28, 10:33:00 AM , Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

I ccan't wait for another one!! Steve will be here soon!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home