A Tall Sassy Gal

southern girl from Alabama living in the Big D

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Civic Duty

B and I voted yesterday. I am still very unsure what I think about early voting. Why do we have election day but weeks of early voting. But I did it anyway so I didn't have to fight the massive crowd on Tuesday. First time I have voted with touch screens and it makes it so efficient.

As I walked to my touch screen I was still very undecided on my vote. I don't talk politics with anyone. I know we always can't agree on the same things so I just leave it alone. But I do disagree with electoral votes. The election should be determine by popular votes. So as I stand there I am like does it matter my state is pretty much decided so does my vote count?? Not really but to me it does. I know I voted because that is the American thing to do and when the winner is announced I can honestly say I either voted or didn't vote for him.

No matter what happens on Tuesday I truly believe we need to remember to support whoever the president is whether we wanted him or not.

3 Comments:

At Sat Nov 01, 12:29:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i voted early too. i've never done so before because i enjoy voting on the actual election day, but i just didn't want to deal with the crowds on tuesday.

 
At Sat Nov 01, 09:24:00 PM , Blogger k said...

we have mail in ballots so i've voted as well.

my state is already decided as well, but i too wanted to be able to be porud to say i voted for who i did, even if he'd win here without me.

 
At Sat Nov 08, 08:54:00 PM , Blogger my life is brilliant said...

I like how ER put it: "No matter who wins, it'll be an improvement over the last 8 years."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home