Just soooooo busy but still alive
I should be unpacking the boxes that are STILL everywhere but I finally decided to catch up on reading blogs and do a quick update. We are almost out of the townhouse finally. The maid is cleaning the place on Tuesday and we turn the keys in on Thursday. As much as the boxes and disorganization are driving me nuts I still LOVE coming home to our own house. There are so many things I can't wait to start doing around here but just need to get the boxes unpacked and put away and I can start doing that. Here are some pictures over the last few weeks.
Moving Day....the movers had us packed up and unpacked in less than 4 hours. So glad we hired movers!
We did our first married Christmas totally alone. My in laws came up the day after. It was so nice just the two of us in our house. We were able to put up a tree pretty fast cause we couldn't do it without one. We opened the gifts in the morning, had Christmas lunch and went to the movies that afternoon. I think we are starting a new tradition. I enjoyed it just being us. Who knows what we will do next Christmas but I sure savored every moment this time.
Our first tree together actually my first tree since I have been on my own. I think we did pretty good for the first time and in such short notice.
For New Years Eve went out with some friends to an improv comedy show. It was so much fun and reminded me how much we really enjoy those shows. I will say as the clock struck midnight I was actually upset about 2008 ending. I have never EVER before cared that we were moving onto another year and leaving another but I was really upset. 2008 was so good to us we got married and bought a house. I guess the unknown of what 2009 could bring is just scary. So far things are good. Happy New Year everyone!










6 Comments:
I'm so glad you had a good Christmas. And I love the kitty stocking. :D It's been sooooo busy at work. We just got done with SACS this week.
oh my goodness, you HAVE been busy! Your home, even full of boxes, looks beautiful! I absolutely love the white mantle! I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. I can kind of relate to your nervousness about the new year. I have had so many wonderful years in a row that I feel like it's gotta end sometime! :)
your house looks so cute! i can't wait to see it all unpacked and decorated. i want a house (insert whine here)!!
Love the pictures of the house! I can't wait to see it in person! It looks gorgeous!
Can't wait to see updated pics of your adorable place!
Wow, it's been a loooong time! Was just thinking of you and telling Brando about how you know K, though, and thought I would come by and say hi in the hopes you had posted something new, even though my reader tells me otherwise :) .
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home